packages in $HSITE

2162   5   1
731 posts
Hi, I am installing this cool utility [jamesrobinsonvfx.github.io] for saving sequences from mplay.

It works fine in my home dir $HOME/houdini18.5/packages, but does not work in $HSITE/houdini18.5/packages.

Has anyone tried putting packages in $HSITE?

thanks,
Sean
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
731 posts
Answering my own question here, because I'm sure in about two years I will search this forum again and find historical-me answering this question....

It seems that Houdini only searches HSITE for stuff that is also found in $HFS/houdini, but since "packages" lies one dir up from that, it is not found, (see this thread [www.sidefx.com]). Instead, you have to add $HOUDINI_PACKAGE_DIR to the env... then it works.

Thanks me!
Edited by mrCatfish - Feb. 8, 2021 14:30:45
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
Staff
396 posts
For scanning $HSITE make sure you have a folder that matches the Houdini version like so:

$HSITE/houdinimajor.minor/packages (for example, $HSITE/houdini18.5/packages)

More on packages here [www.sidefx.com]
17 posts
mabelzile
For scanning $HSITE make sure you have a folder that matches the Houdini version like so:

$HSITE/houdinimajor.minor/packages (for example, $HSITE/houdini18.5/packages)

More on packages here [www.sidefx.com]

I had similar issure even I matched houdini version. It still didn't work.
620 posts
I have the same issue that packages in HSITE/houdini19./packages do not be loaded.
39 posts
My $HSITE is /networkdrive/houdini19.0 with packages underneath that and it works fine. Basically it's the same structure as your home folder. Make sure "$HSITE" variable points to the parent of houdini19.0. Houdini will search for the version and pick up the right folder.
Confirmed working for 19.0.455 (on linux at least).
Anthony Morrelle
Hired Gun
  • Quick Links