Material Library Auto-fill Materials using Python

   3271   3   0
User Avatar
Member
25 posts
Joined: Dec. 2015
Offline
Is there an existing Python function I can call to do the same thing as pressing the "Auto-fill Materials" button on the "Material Library" node without the popup dialog?
Or do I need to write this myself?
User Avatar
Member
8380 posts
Joined: Sept. 2011
Offline
Do you need to? I thought that was kind of an obsolete workflow. Using '*' kind of does the job.
User Avatar
Member
25 posts
Joined: Dec. 2015
Offline
Oh, I didn't realize that was obsolete. That's how I was first shown how to do it. Now that I know I'll use the '*' way. Thanks jsmack.
User Avatar
Staff
1473 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Indeed, "Auto-fill Materials" was more useful in 18.0, and that's how you most likely have learnt it. In 18.5, the default values for parameters changed, and the globbing asteristk "*" already includes the material VOPs inside, thus authoring the corresponding USD materials.
  • Quick Links