Can't see curve editor in unity but there is no any errors!

5495   5   1
1 posts
I followed the document to set up Houdini engine for unity and try to new a curve...
Firstly..the processing is really slow
Then there was no error in the console window but I can't find the curve editor in the scene view...

Anyone can help me out? thanks so much! T T
5 posts
Hi Aganztracy, I'm all new at this myself, but very often I find myself forgetting to enable gizmos, which hides the whole curve interface as well

Btw, is it a curve sop in an hda you have authored, or are you adding a new curve object directly in unity?

Best,
Marcus
100 posts
I've never heard of this happening. Check if the gizmo setting is enabled as herrkjledsen mentioned. A few other things you can test are:
- Is "Curve Editor Enabled" checked in the inspector of the object?
- Does the curve actually have points? - Is it an editable curve or an input curve?

Try creating an input curve using HoudiniEngine > New Node > Curve, and then click around in the scene. Does that show anything?
4 posts
I have exactly the same problem. It seems to be broken in latest Unity 2021.2, not sure if Houdini needs to be updated or Unity but its not working in its current state. Very frustrating. I can confirm its not anything like a hidden gizmo, the input is simply not there. I can create a new curve without any problem but it wont get fed into the HDA. The HDA has the curve node in its editable nodes. Please have a look at this.
100 posts
As stated in the known issues page, Unity messed up a lot of editor gizmo UI in Unity 2021.2.1f1 but it should be fixed in Unity 2021.2.3f: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/81539/ [www.sidefx.com]
2 posts
Found the cause of my issues so in case anyone comes to this thread with a similar problem...

It looks like Houdini 19 added a curve node version 2.0 which broke the editable curve unity gizmo functionality.
There's a work around where you go back to using the legacy curve node.

It's detailed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqDiugqDKE [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links