Where and how to look at the description of the nodes?

2095   1   0
23 posts
Please tell me where and how to look at the description of the nodes?
For example, there is a VOP Fit Range node:

Here is a description on the site: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/vop/fit.html [www.sidefx.com]

But, I do not see a description of the Input parameters, what types they are and what the fit range node returns.
Is there such a description? or should I guess myself what the houdini developers did there?
Edited by Renji_kan - June 12, 2021 15:28:20

Attachments:
FirRange.JPG (14.1 KB)

242 posts
Renji_kan
Please tell me where and how to look at the description of the nodes?
For example, there is a VOP Fit Range node:

Here is a description on the site: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/vop/fit.html [www.sidefx.com]

But, I do not see a description of the Input parameters, what types they are and what the fit range node returns.
Is there such a description? or should I guess myself what the houdini developers did there?

Im not really sure I get your question, but the page you are linking to says what it does.
This operator takes the value in the source range (srcmin, srcmax) and shifts it to the corresponding value in the destination range (destmin, destmax). For example, fit(.3, 0, 1, 10, 20) would return the value 13.

Every datatype in vops is color coded.
The light green you got there is float
darker green = vectors
blue = integers
orange = strings
matrix 3 and 4 = light and dark purple.

What could be more clear in the help of the vop nodes is that some nodes works with more data types. The fit node for example accepts both float and vector operations and the inputs/outputs will change color if you pipe a vector into it.
Also, vop nodes is a visual representation of a vex-function so maybe you can get some help from looking at the help for the fit() function.
  • Quick Links