Can Houdini mirror constraints?

1051   2   0
41 posts
A bit of a R&D question... I'm planning to use mirror shelf tool a lot (after the prototyping and writing scripts phase (YUCK)) so I need to know how much you gain from the tool... according to documentation it will mirror IK solvers also... am I right? Constraints maybe? Or is it mirroring a complete rig in Houdini a big no-no (like in other packages)? I would be happy with the sentence to manually redo only constraints... at least I don't have to set up IK's...
679 posts
Hey kriegmesser74,

I mirrored some parts of Rigs (mostly legs) with different constraints on them and it worked surprisingly good.

Cheers
CYTE
Edited by CYTE - Aug. 13, 2021 04:49:43
41 posts
Hey, thanks for your time... I don't know man... after some digging (involving even some google translate of Chinese language)... as always some guy swears it works, but other one claims it doesn't... allegedly it creates -1 on scale channels and that's a NO-NO in Motionbuilder... although I won't use Motionbuilder, and he could have frozen scale transforms after the mirroring... it lights a mild warning light in my mind... yeah... it would be nice to save a lot of work... but to be on the safe side stick with manual control...
  • Quick Links