Using colorSet data from Maya geometry in Houdini Engine

3394   3   1
9 posts
Hi all,
Sorry if this sounds rather basic. I'm not entirely familiar with Houdini Engine assets. I'm building a houdini engine asset that will take a vertex color set from maya and use that data as a mask for various operations in the asset. What I'm trying to figure out is how to access this data. The documentation talks about using "maya_colorset_name" to extract this information, but I'm not sure how to build the asset to do that. As the actual asset build is in houdini, I can't actually see the data coming from maya. When I'm in maya inputing geo, the asset is a black box and I can't see what's happening inside. WOuld anyone who has been successful with this method be willing to show me an example of how they implemented color sets from maya into their asset?
Staff
463 posts
You can see what the scene looks like to Houdini by going to Houdini Engine>Debugging>View Assets in Houdini.

Will this asset need to have multiple color sets, or will it be limited to a single mask color set?
9 posts
Hi John,
I've discovered that if I only have one color set that it will show up as Cd. That is probably sufficient for this project. Thanks for pointing out the Debugging info. I did not know about that.
Thanks for your help.
7 posts
Hi Calibrix,
This might help:
https://ddankhazi.com/2020/12/16/houdini-to-maya-part1-multiple-vertex-color-data/ [ddankhazi.com]
  • Quick Links