using viewport or camera dimensions as position for geometry

940   0   0
1 posts
this is either stupid or redundant, but i want to replicate a normal cropped video as an object in a scene, so it plays as if i've laid it out exactly like a normal split screen video using a video editor filling the (not in 3d space), but the video is infact attached to a cube but camera doesn't show it (i know i can manually try to align a camera to a cube but it is tedious and probably the harder way), i believe i can texture geometry with an image sequence, but only set it on the front face, then shatter the cube hopefully with the image sequence conforming to the pieces like the shatter effect used in after effects....

inb4 "so why don't you just use after effects for this?" - i tried, but the effect is old and limited, and i want to have some more creative freedom and basically have an opportunity to use a proper 3d program for a 3d effect instead of a simulation...

bear in mind this is my first time using houdini (hence i'm in apprentice), i'm learning the basics with youtube tuts, but they all take advantage of 3d space and this is not what i'm after at least for now, so to direct you on how to help me, point me to documentation or an online tutorial of anything related to what i've described, because i'm certain it will require you to write an essay long reply and i don't want to take too much of your time.

attachment demonstrates the gist of what i'm after ofcourse without that damn layer bounds thing that after effects implements
Edited by voosh_moozik - Oct. 19, 2021 10:23:41

Attachments:
ezgif-7-ebc884b1607f.gif (328.8 KB)

• Quick Links