Solaris / Karma import camera from obj

2548   2   1
217 posts
Hi,
starting with Karma I try to import my camera but it's not using the orthographic width of the original camera in obj-level.
On the other side I make a new camera on my stage and copy the parameter from my obj-camera to ma stage camera. Orthographic is working but I find the value for the ortho width only on the Karma tab greyed out.
Anyone has an idea?
Thanks for help
Detlef
94 posts
It seems we should report it as a bug.
Temporary you can use non-uniform scale in LOP camera parameters to get similar effect but it will work only with manual camera animation, not with path constraint for example (at least without attribute hacks).
Also, even if it will be fixed, it will work only in render time, same as other karma tab parameters, so I think ortho camera requires farther development and maybe an RFE.

Attachments:
LOPorthocamera.m4v (2.9 MB)

27 posts
Faitel
It seems we should report it as a bug.
Temporary you can use non-uniform scale in LOP camera parameters to get similar effect but it will work only with manual camera animation, not with path constraint for example (at least without attribute hacks).
Also, even if it will be fixed, it will work only in render time, same as other karma tab parameters, so I think ortho camera requires farther development and maybe an RFE.
Seems like SideFX didn't fix this bug.

I think it's time for them to fix things instead of releasing new ones.
  • Quick Links