H19 curve tool

1409   3   1
143 posts
Hi,

I used to use the old Curve tool to place points for manual placement of source points for the Copy to Points SOP, because it had the "Points" option. The new Curve tool is missing this option to draw individual points without primitives.
I know, i can just draw curves and use the Add SOP to delete the Primitive afterwards, but when placing the points, the actual curve makes the scene more difficult to navigate during point placement.

Is there another way to place individual points quickly in Houdini 19?

Cheers,
Ivan
679 posts
Hey ivanmalek,

to get the old curve tool, you have to enable Asset Definition Toolbar in the Asset Manager.
Then you can switch between old and new curve sop directly on the node parameters tab.

Cheers
CYTE
238 posts
I think the add sop has a similar functionality, just add as many pts you need you can place them after hitting enter
http://www.sekowfx.com [www.sekowfx.com]
143 posts
CYTE
Hey ivanmalek,

to get the old curve tool, you have to enable Asset Definition Toolbar in the Asset Manager.
Then you can switch between old and new curve sop directly on the node parameters tab.

Cheers
CYTE

Thanks, this does help.

Unluckily, the Add SOP doesn´t seem to support the same click-to-place point functionality as the curve tool.
  • Quick Links