Karma wireframe render

2563   6   1
375 posts
Hello, I want to render like in the "hidden line ghost" viewport display mode.
I'm using Karma and the Stage context.
I tried different things, nothing works so far...
Any clue???
Thanks
David
Houdini gamboler
7759 posts
Switch to HoudiniGL for wireframe

karma is for rendering with shading (ray-tracing)
375 posts
Ok thanks, seems to work. Is it possible to have a hidden line ghost with black surfaces? instead of grey. Thanks
Houdini gamboler
710 posts
You could change your background color to Dark and then use Hidden Line Invisible instead of Ghost. It's also possible to change all the wireframe colors by copying the "3DSceneColors" files from your Houdini install to your local houdini19.0/config preference folder and tweaking them there. These correspond to which background color you're using in the viewport options, so 3DSceneColors.dark is for the Dark background option.
375 posts
Thanks, it's great!
The black background does the trick (almost), but "Hidden Line Invisible" is not available inside the openGL render options node, so I kept "hidden line ghost". In the viewport, "Hidden Line Invisible" is not what I'm looking for anyway.

Other questions :
- In the Out context, I use an openGL node. Is there a way to have this node available inside the Stage context?
- This openGL node is not like the usual render options node: I can't chose the PNG format. And there's no "skip rendered frames". It may be time for Sidefx to update this nde.
- I just read about Storm. Do you think I can use this Open GL render engine to get a "hidden line ghost" aspect?

Thanks!
G
Houdini gamboler
7759 posts
Grendizer
- In the Out context, I use an openGL node. Is there a way to have this node available inside the Stage context?

That would be up to sidefx to add.

Grendizer
- This openGL node is not like the usual render options node: I can't chose the PNG format. And there's no "skip rendered frames". It may be time for Sidefx to update this nde.

It's simple to render as png, just put that in the extension. Skipping rendered frames makes sense when it could take an hour to render, not so much when it takes 20ms

Grendizer
- I just read about Storm. Do you think I can use this Open GL render engine to get a "hidden line ghost" aspect?

Storm doesn't support wireframe ghost rendering.
375 posts
Thanks a lot for the great answers!
Houdini gamboler
  • Quick Links