how convert texture to .rat file for karma

2565   6   1
98 posts
Hi, thre are some tool to converting texsxture to .rat? i didn't use mantra before but my question if is there is a tool like arnold and renderman do
Edited by Piledriver - May 7, 2022 11:26:25
8555 posts
you can use iconvert [www.sidefx.com] command either from shell or TOPs
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
98 posts
how i can use it? there is some documentation about it? i never used command line
8555 posts
Documentation to the command is linked in previous post

If you prefer not using shell or TOPs you can also use COPs or MPlay to convert images to .rat in more visual but (less scale able) way
Edited by tamte - May 7, 2022 17:34:19
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
98 posts
for documentation i mean something that explain how use that command on top or something, that i'ts just a reference
7771 posts
Piledriver
for documentation i mean something that explain how use that command on top or something, that i'ts just a reference

type the command into the shell and it will output a message explaining how to use it.

As for setting up an automation script in TOPs, there's a node for searching for files with a pattern, and the shell node lets you build and run a command. Combine them and you can set up a system to convert all the textures in a folder matching a pattern to rat or mipmapped exr with imaketx. Good luck
129 posts
for anyone looking into using TOPs for generating .rats for an entire library, here is a link for how to do it: https://youtu.be/L51DUKjrkIo?t=658 [youtu.be]

also I attached a screenshot.

Attachments:
Screenshot_3.png (377.0 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4NQi8wpYUbR9wLolfHrZVA [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links