higher FPS in ubuntu 22.04 compare to other distros ? ?

1069   2   2
86 posts
i just notice that the performance (FPS in viewport and rendering in viewport solaris) in ubuntu 22.04 its x2 performance compare to other distros(debian or rocky .....)

is it because the triple buffering in ubuntu 22.04?
28 posts
It's unlikely that the difference in performance between Ubuntu 22.04 and other Linux distributions is solely due to triple buffering. Triple buffering is a technique used in graphics processing to reduce screen tearing and improve overall rendering performance, but it's not the only factor that affects performance.

There are many factors that can impact graphics performance, such as the graphics card, drivers, kernel version, and system configuration. It's possible that Ubuntu 22.04 has better support or optimizations for your specific hardware configuration than other distributions, which could explain the performance difference.

Additionally, there may be other factors at play, such as differences in the default configuration or installed packages between Ubuntu 22.04 and other distributions. Without more information on your specific setup and testing methodology, it's difficult to determine the exact cause of the performance difference.
86 posts
Alex Amos
It's unlikely that the difference in performance between Ubuntu 22.04 and other Linux distributions is solely due to triple buffering. Triple buffering is a technique used in graphics processing to reduce screen tearing and improve overall rendering performance, but it's not the only factor that affects performance.

There are many factors that can impact graphics performance, such as the graphics card, drivers, kernel version, and system configuration. It's possible that Ubuntu 22.04 has better support or optimizations for your specific hardware configuration than other distributions, which could explain the performance difference.

Additionally, there may be other factors at play, such as differences in the default configuration or installed packages between Ubuntu 22.04 and other distributions. Without more information on your specific setup and testing methodology, it's difficult to determine the exact cause of the performance difference.

well.... i tested also ubuntu 20.04 & 22.04 and both of them have better performance compare to centos,rhel......
and the performance its significant different between the distros.

i use the default configuration that come with this distro and the most importent part its i have nvidia card soo the influence that the kernel have its almost zero percent (unless you have amd card).

and the performance differences not supposed to be night and days between the distros its supposed to be minimal.
the only thing that can create this big differences its nvidia drivers or houdini software (houdini viewport)

i wonder if someonelse have this issue
  • Quick Links