Using python to create rules for light linker LOPs

423   0   0
16 posts
Hello community! I have been trying to figure out for the past couple hours how I can create rules for the light linker LOP in stage using python. I have gotten as far as creating the light linker and setting its input to a parent node. Then I set the "num_links" parameter to 1 to create a link.

This is where I am running into problems. Let's say I have a specific primitive that I want to exclude from a light source. I set the "link_prim_1" parameter to be that primitive. Then I set the "link_excludes_1" parameter to be the path of that light I want to excluded from the primitive. But, it keeps erroring out on the light linker node saying that the link cannot be made on the parent primitive.

So I tried it the other way around, where I set the light source as the "link_prim_1" and the primitive as the "link_excludes_1". But I get the same issue.

I've tried searching the documentation for the light linker but I've not gotten anywhere with that. Has anyone ever created a light linker in python in such a way? Or does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Your help is much appreciated!
  • Quick Links