Incomplete Definition for Nested HDA's when used in PDG

998   0   0
2 posts
In Houdini 19.5.640 when I use a TOP net to cook a HDA with a nested HDA inside it and have it Save Debug HIP File, the nested HDA has a warning: "This node is using an incomplete asset definition. It will not function properly until the asset library containing the full definition is installed"

I have attached a zip with the project files so you can see how I have it structured.

I created a HIP file that contains a geo, then a HDA that creates a sphere and merges it with a nested HDA that just creates a box. Both of these HDA's are saved in a hda folder next to the hip file

Next I created a HIP file for the TOP network saved next to the previously mentioned SOP hip file. It contains a TOP net with a wedge op that generates a single work item. This connects to an HDA processor that is pointed at the top level HDA. I have the option Save Debug HIP file enabled and set to save to a debug folder next to the HIP file.

When I cook the network the HDA produces the appropriate result, but if I open the debug hip file it only shows the sphere (not the box from the nested HDA). If I dive into the top level hda, I see the nested HDA with a warning flag about the "incomplete asset definition". Diving into the nested HDA shows an Empty Network. Looking at the Type Properties for the nested hda, it shows the Save to Library location as Embedded

How can I produce functional debug hip files that include the nested hda? It is worth mentioning that this process works as expected in Houdini 18.5.351

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-07-14 130534.png (139.5 KB)
Test Setup.zip (81.1 KB)

• Quick Links