Fatty Filler

4087   4   1
33 posts
Hi Ladies and Gents,

So, I've managed to reach a semi-completed status for my polygonal heart model (the tubes need to be extended later to suit my needs, but the main body is done). What you can see in the diagram is a replica of a human heart minus all the fatty tissue that makes up the gaps between the shown chambers. (I have not textured it yet.. thats for a later date).

I am now looking towards filling the gaps with something resembling a fatty-tissue substance (like the yellow stuff seen in the real-life picture). I had thought about using the rather indirect modelling method of cookie'ing the heart with another geometry object so that I am left with triangulated geometry ‘flowing’ between the gaps. I could then chop that up into a shape that fits with the contours of the heart chambers, and subsequently recreate a (quadrilateral) polygonal version of this triangulated geometry using the ray SOP and some other methods I used for the heart. Phew! :? As you can see this seems to be a really indirect and drawn out way to do it…

Does anyone have any alternate modelling methods that I might be able to use to fill in the gaps (the very obvious area on the left side, and all the areas in-between the tubes)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks all,

srgb

Attachments:
heart_ref_08_human_heart.jpg (28.7 KB)
heart_semi_completed.jpg (90.8 KB)

Quality Assurance
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.
Staff
3455 posts
you could just surround your heart with a pericardium and texture it to look as thought it were showing fat underneath…then use the inflate to deform it when the heart is beating…

HTH
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
33 posts
I'm trying to leave the pericardium out of the model if possible.. but its a neat idea, so if push comes to shove I'll be looking in that direction for sure.

Thanks Arctor.

srgb
Quality Assurance
Staff
3455 posts
hmmm…ok….
look into metaballs or the isoOffset SOP
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
33 posts
Thanks Arctor, I'll take a look at those two methods as soon as I can.
Quality Assurance
  • Quick Links