Compute rig pose errors

689   2   0
63 posts
Been a while since I've set up Kinefx HDAs, but I remember just laying down a compute rig pose node inside an HDA and setting the default state of the HDA to "kinefx__rigpose" and promoting the parameters on the compute rig pose node. That would give me the ability to select joints and have the transform parms show up on the HDA.

But in 19.5 when I lay down the compute rig pose node and promote parameters, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "kinefx::Sop/computerigpose/promoteparms", line 2, in <module>
File "/Applications/Houdini/Houdini19.5.640/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/19.5/Resources/packages/kinefx/python3.9libs/kinefx/poseparms.py", line 1207, in promoteComputeRigPoseParms
appendPoseParms(t_node, save_to_definition, parmname)
File "/Applications/Houdini/Houdini19.5.640/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/19.5/Resources/packages/kinefx/python3.9libs/kinefx/poseparms.py", line 1200, in appendPoseParms
node.setParmTemplateGroup(ptg)
File "/Applications/Houdini/Houdini19.5.640/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/19.5/Resources/houdini/python3.9libs/hou.py", line 15802, in setParmTemplateGroup
return _hou.Node_setParmTemplateGroup(self, parm_template_group, rename_conflicting_parms)
hou.OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Parameter name 'enable#' is invalid or already exists

Any ideas. I'm probably forgetting something simple.
madebygeoff.com
63 posts
Nevermind. It was simple, but annoying.

Sidefx has changed the default value for the "Operator Path" field from ".." to "."
So in the context of wrapping it in an HDA, you'll want to switch it back to promote parameters up one level to the visible layer of your HDA.
madebygeoff.com
1 posts
Thank you answering as well, I was confused too.
  • Quick Links