Streaming changes in usd file from Houdini to Omniverse

182   0   0
12 posts
Hi, is there a way to have a usd file open in both Houdini and Omniverse (Usd Composer or just Kit) and stream changes made to it in Houdini to the viewport in Omniverse - but without saving those changes the usd file, just streaming in memory? Here's what I've tried:

1. I've been looking into Omniverse Connector for Houdini, opening a usd file from a local Nucleus server that I've also got opened in Omniverse USD Composer. The changes I make in Houdini are not reflected in the file in omniverse, unless I save changes to the usd file (then Omniverse shows a prompt to reload rootlayer as changes have been made to it).

2. I've looked into using OmniLive to connect into a live session in both Omniverse and Houdini, but that creates a .live file which Houdini can't import as it'll only read a usd/a.

3. I scripted any changes to geometry/appearance in a usd file imported as a reference node into Houdini's Solaris to automatically reload that same usd file opened in Omniverse Kit's viewport live. The way it works though is it automatically saves any changes to the affected layer's separate usd and then that's detected by Omniverse Kit and that affected layer alone is reloaded in Kit's viewport.

I'd like to however skip the middle man here and avoid having to save to usd and load changes from usd but stream using memory. Any ideas much appreciated
Edited by KatanaPoland - April 29, 2024 07:05:14

Attachments:
Screenshot_5.png (821.1 KB)
Screenshot_6.png (492.7 KB)

• Quick Links