Bug with time.sleep() in python/H9

3189   1   1
2 posts
Looks like there's a nasty bug with houdini and the time module in python. Opening the python shell in houdini and running:

import time
time.sleep(1)

works fine, but after that houdini becomes extremely unstable and crashes. This happens every time, but not in exactly the same way - it's usually when I 'm typing a new line of code in, and could be related to the tool tips or auto-completion. Try typing a few lines after that.

When it crashes, the application hangs (totally unresponsive to input) so no crash log is left.

This is on houdini 9.0.725, running on windows xp (sp2, with all of the updates), with a quadro fx 1000 card with latest drivers. It happens with houdini freshly loaded and empty.
1 posts
Hi, I've experienced the same thing on my win32 version. I wrote a script to import scene from maya. In case of missing files, I use os.path.exists() to check whether a file exists. Since it's a heavy job on my scene, it takes a long time. However, there's no critical error occured during the script's runing. But after that, it seems houdini will definitely go frozen some time, even without any more operations. Moreover, when my script creates nodes or manipulates them, houdini raises an “Invalid OpenGL driver” error, though it doesn't harm anything. I tested this script on linux64, all works smoothly. Is that a bug or should I do something differently?
  • Quick Links