3 licenses per studio limit
- Houdini Indie makes all of Houdini’s animation and VFX tools available under an indie license to animators and game makers who make less than $100K USD per year.
- Your Houdini Indie license can be used to load Houdini Digital Assets into other content creation apps such as Autodesk® Maya,® Cinema 4D, and 3DS Max®
- A separate Houdini Engine Indie license, can be also be used to load Houdini Digital Assets into other apps or to run in Batch mode.
COMMERCIAL WORKSTATION [NODE-LOCKED] LICENSES
5 licenses per studio limit
- For artists generating commercial work over $100K USD, node-locked licenses of Houdini and Houdini FX are available.
- These licenses work on a single computer and offer affordable access to Houdini's suite of procedural content creation apps.
COMMERCIAL LOCAL ACCESS [FLOATING] LICENSES
- If you want to share Houdini and Houdini FX licenses within a studio, Local Access licenses are available.
- These licenses are stored on a central server and make it easier for artists to acquire a license when they need to work in Houdini.
- Local Access licenses can be purchased from your Account Manager.
- Subscription (Rental) licenses are available in annual or monthly increments.
COMMERCIAL HOUDINI ENGINE LICENSES
- While Houdini and Houdini FX can run on the farm or to use Houdini engine plug-ins in other applications, it is more economical to use dedicated licenses.
- Houdini Engine gives you command-line access to Houdini's powerful node-based architecture
- You can use it in batch mode to feed the render farm and process distributed dynamic simulations.
Local Access licenses are especially effective with Houdini Engine since they may be needed on the farm or by artists working with the Houdini Engine plug-ins. These licenses are available as single licenses or in packs to maximize your investment.
FREE LEARNING EDITION
- Houdini Apprentice should be used on Non-commercial projects
- Houdini Apprentice can not be used in the same pipeline as commercial versions of Houdini
- Houdini Digital Assets created in Apprentice can not be used with Houdini Engine or Houdini Engine Indie
- Houdini Apprentice uses its own file format for saving scenes and assets
- It is restricted to 1280x720 when rendering and rendering to file formats other than .picnc are wordmarked
- Houdini Apprentice does not work with third party renderers.
HOUDINI EDUCATION | For Schools
- Houdini Education is for use in school labs.
- This version has more features and integrates well with other software your school may be using.
- Includes free access to Houdini Engine and Mantra licenses
- Houdini Engine supports scene files from students working with either the FREE Houdini Apprentice or Houdini Indie.