Tutorials need content attached

3785   4   2
116 posts
https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/instance-variations-ue4/ [sidefx.com]

Like the comment below the linked video states… why do you guys routinely not attach the scenes used to demo concepts? It's maddening that so many solid tutorials have no content despite the obvious fact that the content exists… unless I'm missing something?

Instead I'm left having to hunt down specific points in a video. Videos are nice intros but are generally awful for deeper learning. Watching drawn out masterclasses is especially frustrating when no content is made available. I learned more about vdb's from the downloadable scene on the openvdb site than I did from any class or tutorial.

Another tip, below the video please link to the appropriate documentation. You throw these concepts out quickly and leave the end user hunting and pecking for documentation which is more often than not scattered over several locations.
Simon van de Lagemaat
owner the Embassy VFX
2624 posts
Hi , there's a big orange download files button ? , can you not see it

Rob
Gone fishing
116 posts
circusmonkey
Hi , there's a big orange download files button ? , can you not see it

Rob

wtf I swear that was not there before… maybe I'm going a little nutty. Point still stands though, there are plenty of tutorials that don't have content that could really use it, as well as doc links.
Simon van de Lagemaat
owner the Embassy VFX
208 posts
It's a good point though. I stopped watching most of the ones that don't include the .hip file unless they're just great at tutorials.
280 posts
what about the latest hair and fur master class?
  • Quick Links