Redshift Crashes on startup

2692   2   1
2 posts
Hello guys. I cant manage to make redshift work. It suddenly stopped working.
I believe I have my .env okay. I hope you can help me since I am in a bit of a rush with a proyect

#
# Houdini Environment Settings
#
# The contents of this file are read into the environment
# at startup. They will override any existing entries in
# the environment.
#
# The syntax is one entry per line as follows:
# VAR = VALUE
#
# Values may be quoted
# VAR = “VALUE”
#
# Values may be empty
# VAR =
#

# Example:
#
# HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH = 1

HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
PATH = “C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH”
HOUDINI_PATH = “C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/17.5.173;&”

Every path is alright. I checked them 123 times. I even reinstalled redshift and Houdini multiple times. I am out of ideas
Image Not Found

Thank you very much

Attachments:
Capture2.PNG (686.9 KB)

7740 posts
Doesn't look like it's crashing, that's just a load error for an incompatible DSO, and has nothing to do with RedShift.
806 posts
You are trying to load a GoZ plugin that has been compiled for Houdini 17.0. As the requester clearly says, that plugin needs to be (re-)compiled for Houdini 17.5. I am pretty sure that if you follow the information that is given by the requester, you won't get that requester (which isn't exactly a crash but an incompatibility warning).

As for Redshift: Make sure you have MATCHING VERSIONS. Houdini has a tendency to change its HDA constantly and if your Redshift plugin isn't compatible with the (possibly daily build) Houdini version you are running, you *will* actually experience crashes. If you want to be sure that it's actually Redshift that is causing crashes (like you say), simply deactivate Redshift, start Houdini and check if it still crashes.
But as long as you are seeing the GoZ-requester, you're not talking about Redshift

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links