PDG Work Item path?

3349   2   0
13 posts
For context, we are in the processes of integrating more robust PDG support in our engine (C++). We have been using the Unity plugin as guidance.

Based on the unity plugin, it looks like you are able to get the output path from the resulting work items:

HAPI_PDG_WorkitemResultInfo[] resultInfos = new HAPI_PDG_WorkitemResultInfo[workItemInfo.numResults];
int resultCount = workItemInfo.numResults;
if (!session.GetWorkitemResultInfo(topNode._nodeID, eventInfo.workitemId, resultInfos, resultCount))
string tag = HEU_SessionManager.GetString(resultInfos[i].resultTagSH, session);
string path = HEU_SessionManager.GetString(resultInfos[i].resultSH, session);

Should we get the same results using the C++ API:
std::vector<HAPI_PDG_WorkitemResultInfo> resultInfos(workItemInfo.numResults);

HAPI_GetWorkitemResultInfo(&session->m_Session, id, eventInfo.workitemId, resultInfos.data(), workItemInfo.numResults);

for (HAPI_PDG_WorkitemResultInfo& info : resultInfos)
{
	CStringA sName = GetHoudiniString(&session->m_Session, info.resultSH);
	CStringA sTag = GetHoudiniString(&session->m_Session, info.resultTagSH);
}

Cooking the HDA from the sample project files here(https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdf-for-indie-gamedev-section-2-getting-set-up/?collection=61) It does generate the resulting bgo.sc files, but the resulting strings from the work items are empty. Is this expected?
571 posts
Make sure that the id you are passing into HAPI_GetWorkitemResultInfo is the correct TOP node, and also check that the returned work item info has valid data.
13 posts
That was it. I was passing the Graph Context ID instead of the TOP node ID. Thank You!
  • Quick Links