Houdini Magazine

12763   17   3
50 posts
I think this community could easily create a pdf format houdini magazine, including tutorials, interviews, tips and tricks etc. Just like 3D attack magazine or the likes. Just a thought
33 posts
mertyamak
I think this community could easily create a pdf format houdini magazine, including tutorials, interviews, tips and tricks etc. Just like 3D attack magazine or the likes. Just a thought

you mean 3DAttack-magazine for Cinema 4D… lol
-here we go one more Cinema 4D user…

I personally love Cinema 4D, and Cinema 4D's new RiggingTools/CharacterTools are fantastic and very flexible and extremly easy and fast ( Its much much more better and powerfuller than Maya/XSI's RiggingTool) :wink: , but i want to use Houdini beside Cinema 4D :wink:

My web:
www.anim3d.de.tl
www.anim3d.blogspot.com
50 posts
I am not a Cinema 4D user, and i don't really like Cinema 4D character animation tools. What i am pointing at is the magazine, not the program itself.
Edited by - 2007年8月10日 18:42:03
124 posts
I think that is a great idea. With the userbase growing, now would be a good time.
50 posts
There are lots of professionals here, it wouldn't be a problem to get together a couple of tuts/user galleries/interviews once a month.
33 posts
mertyamak
What i am pointing at is the magazine, not the program itself.

I know what you want and mean, it was a nice idea

mertyamak
i don't really like Cinema 4D character animation tools…

What???????!!!!!!!!……….I don't know which planet you live on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, but you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about…

My web:
www.anim3d.de.tl
www.anim3d.blogspot.com
50 posts
I have no intention to discuss about Cinema4D. My subject is the Houdini Magazine.
2624 posts
This forum and Odforce provide all you need for answers to questions and links to required learning materials. I am sure many of the professional Houdini experts here have little enough time as it is to be writing tutorials for monthly E magazines.
If you discover a tip or trick post it up on your site with the houdini file …

rob
Gone fishing
50 posts
This forum and odforce has some beginner material allright but not enough.
18 posts
good idea!
10 posts
Yeah, that would be nice to have own mag and probably something like http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/ [mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com] and http://vray-materials.de/ [vray-materials.de]
537 posts
True, but a lot of attention could be had if there was a “tutorial of the month” or something, maybe 10 people would submit a tutorial, one would be awarded tutorial of the month by ratings, or it could be just documentation of a technique that was used at a studio that you didn't want to forget or wanted to show others working there etc, and submit that to an online mag of some sort?

circusmonkey
This forum and Odforce provide all you need for answers to questions and links to required learning materials. I am sure many of the professional Houdini experts here have little enough time as it is to be writing tutorials for monthly E magazines.
If you discover a tip or trick post it up on your site with the houdini file …

rob
50 posts
Besides a year from now, having 12 magazines together makes big difference compared to digging through forums for a beginner.
スタッフ
3455 posts
sylix
Yeah, that would be nice to have own mag and probably something like http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/ [mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com] and http://vray-materials.de/ [vray-materials.de]

we've been working on something like this already:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?showtopic=5469 [forums.odforce.net]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
73 posts
Hey friends

I'm doing dtp jobs regularly, and I love Houdini.

Probably I could be a partaker in creating a pdf e-zine for the community.

It would be great to publish good tutorials to beginners and pros too.

Please drop me an mail here:

vicbeneve at gmail dot com

cheers
50 posts
That's great to hear. I volunteer for the organization and maybe design too however we need writers for the tutorials. The more writers we get the less frequently they will have to write. I guess general subjects plus, news, plus 1 or 2 tutorials (but good tutorials) should do per month. I can help with other subjects but the tutorials cause i am very new with Houdini. If anyone wants to help please drop a line here, so we'll know if there's enough volunteers for it.
73 posts
I could do the final page layout, and pdf conversion. As to the design we should discuss things in detail.

Some specifications:

————-
Format:
probably the standard, that is US Letter
————-
Extent:
the more is better (minimum 32 pages)
————-

I think we should do it as printready in cease if somebody would like to print the material, it means the file size can be easily 5 megs or more. With optimizations we can produce long materials (200-300 pages, full color) under 50 megs.

—————

We should state what kind of materials in what format, with what attachments we can use. For example we should get the manuscript in word doc, the pictures in jpg with maximum quality, etc…

Cheers
50 posts
I agree with all of that, but that's the easy part, we'll need the writers in the first place.
  • Quick Links