Shatter for glass

6065   8   3
678 posts
Hi! People, I need your help. please look at image in attachment. I need break box like a glass.

Without depth divisions like in attachment(romans 1,2,3). How to make it, i need just one division in z direction.

Thanx a lot!

Attachments:
shatter.jpg (408.7 KB)

1529 posts
use grids, instead of boxes, and extrude the result.

I think.

G
678 posts
i can't apply shatter on grid Grid disappears.
1529 posts
sure you can.

See attached.

G

Attachments:
grid_shatter.001.hip (93.0 KB)

678 posts
Thanx a lot!
110 posts
The other added benefit of using simple convex pieces from a grid and then extruding them to run the sim is that after you run your sim, you can create a procedure to run through your simple shards and resample and noise up the edges and do other geometry and shading tricks and then swap em out for rendering.

So you can sim with simple geometry and then swap out the simple with a more complex detailed pieces of geometry for rendering.
101 posts
i am just playing with shattering tools and i am wondering if is possible to use a grayscale map to control de shattering break? like if i could paint the geometry in photoshop and apply what i want to keep and break…

maybe silly but i am curious about it…
731 posts
I posted a hip file that shows how to trigger breaks using point colour. You could map your texture to point colour to set glue/trigger values.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=21377&highlight= [sidefx.com]
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
101 posts

thanx mrcatfish…

that was very kind of you
  • Quick Links