Rendering

5692   6   2
1 posts
2 hours in and yet to see any render progress or update. Is Mantra the slowest rendered on the market? seriously.. VUE renders faster than houdini.

Suggestions, or should I just move on to another package.

Please dont suggest GI and AO are making it slow, cause the samples are low and most other programs cant handle this fine.. disappointing.
859 posts
Just change the settings.
--
Jobless
1390 posts
Sometimes it's really hard to stay calm in the morning.

Read this thread [sidefx.com] please for jeff's first post as a general treatment on how to manage things if you are actually interested in someone's help.

If you're not interested please stop spamming the forum with pointless rants expressing (by the rule of logic, since implicitly you confirm you don't know a program you're referring to) an ignorance more than anything else.
1533 posts
Soothsayer
Just change the settings.

hehe, best response ever!

j
HOD fx and lighting @ blackginger
https://vimeo.com/jasonslabber [vimeo.com]
41 posts
slowest rendered on the market?

I don't think so, no… the point is that you have to tweak a little bit more your rendering param than other engine, that's all…
Mantra is very different than others don't try to use mantra like you'd use MR or Vray (Thankfully, I'd say…) and read the help
My portfolio : www.guillaume-j.com
279 posts
SYmek
Sometimes it's really hard to stay calm in the morning.

Read this thread [sidefx.com] please for jeff's first post as a general treatment on how to manage things if you are actually interested in someone's help.

If you're not interested please stop spamming the forum with pointless rants expressing (by the rule of logic, since implicitly you confirm you don't know a program you're referring to) an ignorance more than anything else.
+1 !!!
183 posts
comvat25
or should I just move on to another package.
Good idea!!
Read SYmek's link and this [sidefx.com]
And if nothing helps, move to another package :arrow:
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
  • Quick Links