Green Render Screen

3480   9   1
46 posts
Hello to all of the members of this community.

Obviously im an apprentice and having a painful start with this unconventional tool. I used to use LW but because our studio has Houdini and im deeply fascinated by this tool im trying the switch. So wish me luck.
Now to my problem.
I am getting a kind of strange result when I try to render/preview some scene, the machine renders but the result I get is a green frame. Until now I doubt my laptop on which I`m running Houdini it for now but i aint really sure of it so I thought to ask.

Thanks in advance
G.
Edited by - Nov. 25, 2011 14:47:29
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
46 posts
I hope this was the right forum to post it in! If not I apologize!
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
246 posts
Can you post a file?
46 posts
Sure thing mate Ill post a frame after work.
It simply shows all the objects in my scene as a constant green and alpha as a constant yellow (Sometimes the colors differ) and btw im using H10nc
But ill post a frame to show it to you when i get home.
Thx stu
2624 posts
Please post a simplified scene file showing this error. Providing a simplified scene file with the error goes some way to help debug the scene.

rob
Gone fishing
46 posts
Oki Doki colleagues
Its not that it happens with this scene only it happens with every scene. Thats why i doubt the hardware.
But ill post a copy of the scene.
Its a simple primitive rocket, like the one on Houdini 10 splash I wanted to add some textures, than I found out I cant render it.
I hope the frame and hip file can help.

Thx guys I appreciate it!

Attachments:
Raketa.jpg (136.8 KB)
Raketa.hipnc (281.7 KB)

2624 posts
Gerlandox,

Looking at your scene. I have test rendered using the render view and mantra 1. No green background.

When you have a problem to debug, strip the scene to its basics making sure the problem is still there. That means deleting nodes that clearly are not part of the problem.

rob
Gone fishing
46 posts
So ok next time ill strip the scene down to the basics, though this seamed basic to me.
Anyways thx for the diplomatic answer! I managed to get it working.

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (219.3 KB)

2624 posts
Hi ,
Great news , so what was the problem.

rob
Gone fishing
46 posts
To be honest I still dont know, after a few installations and uninstalls , it started rendering all of a sudden. I tried different builds! Maybe some incompatibilities, but i cant tell for sure since thats not my field.

G.
  • Quick Links