Opening the gallery manager via python

3160   6   2
1799 posts
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to open the gallery manager via python? I have not had too much experience with controlling the UI via python so I wanted to see if anyone could help me?

Thank you in advance!
-G
106 posts
Hey guys

I'm looking to do something similar. I couldn't find any docs regarding this. Is it possible to open the gallery manager via python ? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
-J
1908 posts
Unfortunately there is not. I don't believe it is possible to do with hscript either.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
106 posts

Thanks for your reply Graham. Is it possible to get the selected entry in the gallery manager ?

Thanks
-J
106 posts
I'm trying to do something like select a gallery entry in the gallery manager and select a node in the network and apply the gallery entry settings to the selected node.

I can hard code the name of the entry and apply it to the selected node using applyToNode. It would be nice if I could get the name of the selected entry in the gallery manager
1908 posts
Sadly the vast majority of Houdini's UI lacks any sort of useful scripting support.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
1799 posts
Hey j, if you have a gallery loaded, you can load a setting in any node directly from the presets menu. (the little gear) you should also be able to load gallery entries in python via the hou.galleryEntry module
-G
  • Quick Links