Fluid not colliding

4242   9   0
109 posts
Hi,

if you look the attached file… why is the fluid falling through the collisionObject?

But when i select the sphere, inside the collisionObject, it is working correctly.

I was trying to make water mill and was a bit surprised to se that the water was falling through

Attachments:
fluid_test.hipnc (261.6 KB)

2624 posts
Good attempt ! . ! See attached.

Rob

Attachments:
rse_dops_FLIPwaterWheel.hip (1.2 MB)

Gone fishing
109 posts
Aah, you are using the new FLIP solver… But if, for some bizarre reason , i would like to use the “old” method… why is the fluid falling through my object?
112 posts
Increasing thickness of the box in Y(up to 3) is giving much better results.
109 posts
The collisionObject thickness? Is that the only solution? I would like to keep the collisionObject object thin.
606 posts
Moro!

I think it's a combination of your collision object thickness being 0.1, the fluid voxel resolution being the same 0.1, and the fluid moving more than that in a frame.

There might be more elegant ways, but doubling the voxel resolution and using 2 substeps makes it behave.
109 posts
Päiveetä!

By increasing the box thickness to 0.2, it started to behave.

But with the orginal thickness and collision divisions 100x100x100 (staticObject1 - Collisions - Volume - Divisions) and min substeps 2 (fluidsolver1 - Advanced - Min Substeps) it didn’t
606 posts
KiLa
But with the orginal thickness and collision divisions 100x100x100 (staticObject1 - Collisions - Volume - Divisions) and min substeps 2 (fluidsolver1 - Advanced - Min Substeps) it didn’t

Yea, it's not about the collision object divisions, it's about the collision object's thickness compared to the resolution of the fluid.
112 posts
Hey eetu! Thanks a lot for the reply. Now I got the reason why fluid was passing through the static object and why increasing the thickness of the box started giving better results.
: )
109 posts
Haa! Now its working Thank you E!
  • Quick Links