pointsop "instance" load from disk cache?

5102   6   0
26 posts
hey guys and girls,

Is there a way to enter a disk path in the pointsop instance value to load .bgeo geometry as instance???

I have a cache on disk which look like( piece.1.bgeo, piece.2.bgeo, piece.3.geo …etc) and I want to get these file cache as my instance in the pointsop. Is it possible?

Thanks

Doum
2624 posts
Inside your point instance set up you can use a attribute create with the instancefile() and then the path to your geometry.

Rob
Gone fishing
26 posts
sorry I'm not sure if I understand well…

Where do I use the instancefile():

- do I create it with an attribcreate and name it instancefile() or it the value that I name instancefile()?

Or I set it in the point sop - add instance - at the place where I load the geo?

thanks
2624 posts
Hi

Look at this thread it should give you a full overview with lots of examples
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=121565&sid=efc2900ee2be5b6b8f247c446cab62d2 [sidefx.com]

Rob
Gone fishing
26 posts
Thx Rob!

I just found this thread will searching with google for instancefile.

I'll have a look at it and try to demistify this.

One last question that I think is not mention in the thread. Do you think rbd point object will work using the attribute instancefile? Or I'll have to find an other solution?

Have a nice weekend !

Doum
2624 posts
very possible < you dont do it in dops but in SOPs reading the geometry off disk , all you would need is an attribute to tie a point and its matching chunk together

Rob
Gone fishing
26 posts
thanks Rob,

I'll work on this today

Doum
  • Quick Links