Copy stamp workflow, import to DOPS.

3148   3   0
39 posts
Currently looking at a small crowd simulation using the Copy Stamp workflow.
I am using a POP network with attached attributes on each particle to drive a crowd of objects. Each one of the objects would containboth a SOP and (hopefully) a small DOP (pyro) network wrapped up in a HDA.

I have looked into the pyro clustering shelf tool, yet it seems a little complex for something with a fixed amount of points. (Crowd has a fixed amount of objects)

Any workflow tips on importing a dynamic amount of (smoke) objects into DOPS using the Copy Stamp workflow?

Rudimentary hip file attached.

Attachments:
copyVolumeToDOPS.hipnc (534.6 KB)

www.aaronauty.com
2624 posts
Interesting but I have to ask why not just wedge a simulation and make multiple variations and then just copy each of the completed simulations to a point.

Rob
Gone fishing
242 posts
Or, if you really want to cluster you can use the particle id as cluster attribute.
You have to stamp it up per copy since the solver needs to know what source emits into what container…
(Also dont forgett to tick the “stamp” check box on copy node )

Here is a fast fixed file that seams to work, but I really think you should try the circusmonkey way first…

Attachments:
copyvolumetodops_101_fix.hipnc (539.2 KB)

39 posts
Mawi, thanks for the file, I will dive in, thanks.

circusmonkey, great idea! Sounds like a really robust solution. I should be able to populate a little library of effects to travel with the HDA, and play with them at the SOP level.
www.aaronauty.com
  • Quick Links