Anyone running Shaderman with RenderDotC on Win2K? Need help

6665   5   0
436 posts
I need some help with Shaderman. I installed latest versions of both.
RDC is in C:\RDC folder and SHaderman is in C:\Shaderman.
However when I try to do local preview or branch preview in Shaderman, I get ‘previz.slo not found. Rendering failed.’ I scanned my disk and Shaderman .zip file, there is no such file. Can anyone e-mail me that file, 'cause I get no replies from SHaderman people.

I have Maya, and it has RIB export, but I cannot figure out how to get RenderDotC to render the RIB. How is that done anyway?

Why is everything that has anything to do with PRMAN compliant rendering has to be so darn confusing?

Dave Rindner
22 posts
David,

I've been through that same problem. It is of course a paths problem.
I finally figured it out after adding to and adjusting my system's environment variables and paths for a day or 2.

My best suggestion would be to make absolutely sure that RDC is working properly on its own, then deal with shaderman's path requirements. Otherwise your head WILL explode.

However, once you get shaderman working properly, it is a dream come true.

Hopefully by now, your problem is resolved. If not, let me know.
I might be able to remember how I got it to work, hehe.
436 posts
Its not resolved at all. Even Shaderman's author who verified the ini and cfg files of both Shaderman and RDC cannot my system to work.

Dave Rindner
436 posts
Its absolute BS how Shaderman is installed. Its confusing, and theres no information as to how to fix it. THere is no step by step guide on installation and localising it to a particular renderer.Even the frigging author of the app cannot figure out whats wrong with my install, and he claims that he got Shaderman to work with RDC.

You say its the paths. Damnit which paths? Where? I keep hearing about them, but noone is saying where those paths are, where to cange them, and ehat syntax to use. Its absolutely maddening.
Accoroding to docs, if RDC is installed into C:\rdc all the defaults are set correctly automatically.

In Shaderman, RDC is selected as the renderer. Custom Resource Path is set to C:\rdc\shaders. What the heck else is there to set! Thats where the information flow stops. There is nothing more. Noone seems to know anything, or they are not saying.

Dave Rindner
22 posts
Hey david,

I'm gonna send you an email with everything that I can remember about a working setup.
436 posts
Thank you kindly.

You can tell my level of frustration by the amount of misspelled words in the posts.

Dave Rindner
  • Quick Links