alembic ROP broken in 12.5.533?

2747   4   2
33 posts
Just switched versions from 12.5.427 to 12.5.533, and a file I'd previously saved with 427 is now exhibiting some weird behavior from the Alembic ROP: it writes what appears to be a single frame of object pivots, rather than the entire animated geometry.

Has anyone else noticed this? I've attached a hip file - works in 427, doesn't work in 533.

Attachments:
alembicTest5.zip (194.7 KB)

18 posts
Yes,

its doing the same for me. It also does not read an animated sequence of alembics in, it only loads a single frame.

a.
96 posts
Sounds similar to a bug I've reported - which has been fixed in build 550 though.

In that bug, there were cases where an Alembic Archive's “Frame” parameters were not keyed correctly to “$FF” but instead just to a single frame. So any animation would just be stuck at that frame, regardless of the timeline. Like I said, in build 550 this appears to be fixed.
33 posts
It's not just the animation aspect that appears to be broken. The output is just points, not geo. Try the file attached to the original post in 427 and 533.
96 posts
You're right, I too only get points with your scene (in build 550). Have you reported it? Sounds serious.
  • Quick Links