Object disappears at certains frames due to motion blur

2530   5   0
310 posts
Hello, I'm encountering this issue where my shattered pieces appear at frame 14, then disappear at frame 16. If I turn off Geometry Velocity Blur, the object appears. No idea what is causing this…
310 posts
I'm posting the scene file here if anyone wants to take a look at it. It's pretty simple.

Thanks

Attachments:
Dirt_ExplosionV2_01.hipnc (1.2 MB)

2624 posts
Red nodes I have altered and added a note MMB to read. Number 1 rule in my play book write your geometry out to disk before sim and after the simulation. As it stands you cannot expect to debug anything in your scene waiting for a sim based on fracturing.

After looking at your DOP set up I have had to re do it from scratch as you deleted the creation frame value and seem to of altered quite a few other parameters for what reason I am not sure. it works as expected now, with good vel attributes on the pieces for rendering.

You will need to create a folder to write your geometry to disk

Rob

Attachments:
dirt_explosionv2_01_144_fixed.hipnc (1.2 MB)

Gone fishing
310 posts
Thanks Rob.
I experimented with caching the sim after it was created, for ease of playback, though since I encountered this issue, I eliminated that step as I thought that may be where the issue originated. As far as the creation frame values are concerned, I don't recall changing those. Perhaps it has to do with the version of Houdini I am running. I'm going to go through the file you linked and see if the problem still exists on this end.

Thanks for the help Rob!
-Joseph
310 posts
Hi Rob,
What version of Houdini did you use to make your file? If you used H13, I'll need to wait a few days until I upgrade my workstation, to test the file out. I opened it in 12.5 and there were a lot of unrecognized parameters on import.

Thanks!
Joseph
2624 posts
H13 latest production build. No need to wait, just install

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links