Houdini Engine for Unreal Engine 4

6062   6   0
6 posts
Question for developers.
Houdini Engine for Unreal Engine 4. Be or not to be?
637 posts
i don't know if sesi will do it but if there is a programmer who want to do it the houdini engine api is there and even the source from unreal.

so happy coding :-)
678 posts
mandrake0
i don't know if sesi will do it but if there is a programmer who want to do it the houdini engine api is there and even the source from unreal.

so happy coding :-)

I wanted to do this, but you need to have license to develop plugins for HEngine. Sadly NC version doesn't allow for running plugins other than Maya, Unity, and it's only because they are in experimental stage right now. Later they will be closed too.
637 posts
I have tough that you can request a license for custom plugin development…
678 posts
mandrake0
I have tough that you can request a license for custom plugin development…

If anyone can make this request, that would be great. Some confirmation from the SESI would be nice.
637 posts
Have found the places where it was written:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2720&Itemid=66 [sidefx.com]

Developers who would like to create a plug-in for a particular commercially available host application, should contact Side Effects at houdini_engine@sidefx.com to learn about joining the developer program. This will provide access to forum-based support and approved plug-ins will be distributed as part of the Houdini installation.
  • Quick Links