Attributes driven isovalue in isooffset node?

2146   4   1
271 posts
Hi all, I'm kind of stuck with something…again

What I'm trying to do is create a layer of slime covering some cells by using an isooffset.
These cells then break apart (driven by mdd) into little pieces and reduce in size until they are not visible.

Initally the isooffset works great for creating this layer of slime mesh, but the problem arises when the little pieces reduce in size to zero - the isooffset still creates a surface around that point.
My initial thought was to create an attribute on each part that corresponds to volume (which I've done), and use that to drive the isooffset's isovalue…but I cannot find a way to drive the isooffset isovalue using this.

Any ideas?

The file I currently have is way too big to post here, but I'll post a diagram of what I''m after

Attachments:
isovalue.jpg (53.1 KB)

606 posts
Ok, I know this isn't exactly what you are after, but here's a try for posterity.

Attachments:
ee_a-dm_cellslime_v001.hip (647.5 KB)

271 posts
I had another look at your version eetu and it does work a lot better than what I was trying before. However, the issue I have is that I'm trying to get a sort of organic slime layer over some cells, and the current method is very good for maintaining high frequency detail - which I need for smaller pieces - but not so good at getting that organic goopy layer look the large pieces.

Tremble before my Photoshop skills.

Attachments:
whatIwant.jpg (42.5 KB)

606 posts
Have you tried applying a VDB Smooth SDF SOP? It has a bunch of parameters for tweaking.
(I added it to the above attached scene, but it was missing from the one I sent you earlier)
271 posts
I did initially try it, but it instantly destroyed the smaller pieces.
  • Quick Links