COPs image sequence to "filmstrip"?

3811   4   1
252 posts
Hi all,

I am trying to take a sequence of 32 rendered images from disk and turn them into one image where each frame is placed horizontally next to the previous frame, resulting in one long filmstrip.

I can do this already, but not in a clean procedural way. Ideally I would like to have one File COP to read in the texture sequence and the ability to change from a sequence of 32 images to 16, etc. instead of creating a large composite tree with 32 File COPs (taking advantage of the opdigits function to increment my images).

Is there any sort of looping capability in COPs, or a clever way to do this sort of thing? I imagine in VOPs/VEX there might be something, but I was hoping to avoid putting that much effort into this.

Thanks for any help.
Craig Hoffman
201 posts
Craig,

Would the mosaic COP work for you?

Rob
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
252 posts
Doh!

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for…

(Don't use COPs much and never used Mosaic before..blushin…)

Wow, it doesn't get any better than this- such simple powerful solutions!!

Thanks,
Craig
7732 posts
I forget now, but were you the one asking about how to put attribute data into an image?
252 posts
I think you are thinking about something I asked a long time ago. I figured out a way to do it, but not with COPs. I actually made an array of squares colored with the attributes I wanted and rendered them with no oversampling so a pixel represented each square. Weird, but it worked.

There probably is a better way to do it with COPs, but it's not a big concern right now for me.

-Craig
  • Quick Links