[Python]Cut/Paste From One Node To Another

1916   2   0
2536 posts
HI All,

I am importing a bunch of DAE files and they come in as a file inside geo that is inside subnetwork that is inside a subnetwork. This makes the selection tool work incorrectly. There is no way to select the object, with one click in the viewport. Sure I can select the node in the network window.

What I would prefer is to simply have all the mesh data from the DAE in a single GEO node.

I am wondering how to cut/copy all the children nodes from the bottom of the subnetwork into another fresh top level GEO node?

Does anyone have any python code preform such a task?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
606 posts
I'm not sure if this helps in what you're actually trying to achieve in the end, but in similar-sounding situations I've used Object Merge nodes with a “*/*/*/file1” style pattern to collapse a lot of stuff into a single bgeo.
2536 posts
I considered the object merge and may still go that route, however, I want to use all the objects in a FLIP RBD sim and I wonder how efficient that would be and if it might introduce solving anomalies.

In essence I really just want to re-write the existing nodes paths into another parent.

edit
See python code in DAE Batch Importer here:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=35452 [sidefx.com]
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links