Real architecture project done by Houdini

26489   17   1
111 posts
Hello my friends, it is long time since we last met. I did a so called “Parametric Architecture” project in China. And it is almost finish. So I am willing to show you some pictures. Houdini is a so robust software that we can extend its use in a lot of fields in the world

So if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My Email is : syzmatrix0@gmail.com
Edited by syzmatrix - Feb. 28, 2020 03:29:25

Attachments:
IMG_1703.JPG (117.1 KB)

111 posts
another angle

Attachments:
IMG_1704.JPG (147.9 KB)

111 posts
more angle

Attachments:
IMG_1710.JPG (207.3 KB)

111 posts
another angle

Attachments:
IMG_1724.JPG (150.4 KB)

111 posts

Attachments:
IMG_1726.JPG (130.8 KB)

111 posts
:arrow: :arrow:

Attachments:
IMG_1815.JPG (197.8 KB)

111 posts
:idea: :idea:

Attachments:
IMG_1822.JPG (153.4 KB)

111 posts
Last Picture, this project is done by a special kind of concrete call by “GRC Concrete” which can be manufactured by 3d digital files.

Attachments:
IMG_1830.JPG (126.4 KB)

636 posts
Nice work….. how hard was it in compaired to a cad system?
48 posts
That's absolutely stunning! Fantastic work, and interesting to know you used Houdini. How much of the design process was it used for?
35 posts
Pretty cool. Was fabricating the pannels done using data from houdini? or did you have to recreate the pannels in a different application. Will be nice to see your process and where houdini helped.
111 posts
mandrake0
Nice work….. how hard was it in compaired to a cad system?

hello mandrake0, I think Houdini is a very good complement of CAD system. Because CAD system is too rigid for the creativity purpose. In the era of digital file manufacturing, the old system maybe should developed by some more creativity ways . I think Houdini offers a balance that we can both worked with science and design. The feedback is quite direct.
111 posts
danwood82
That's absolutely stunning! Fantastic work, and interesting to know you used Houdini. How much of the design process was it used for?

Hello danwood82, although there are some other softwares uesd in the process, Houdini maybe the most important system in the design and detailing. I develop a node based system which architects can easily change form and pattern of the building and view the result directly.
I post a viewport image here, hope you like it.

Attachments:
04.jpg (1006.2 KB)

111 posts
imensah
Pretty cool. Was fabricating the pannels done using data from houdini? or did you have to recreate the pannels in a different application. Will be nice to see your process and where houdini helped.

Hello imensah, it looks like you quite familiar with the construction process. I am an architecture designer, my job is to make digital file which can pass the information to the manufacture factory. The Houdini file is quite good for digital production. But the 2D CAD drawings which is required by the industry has to been drawed by hand in CAD programs. But I have to say, Houdini did the most important job in the pipeline and we hope it will be used in the future project.
111 posts
imensah

Hello imensah, it looks like you quite familiar with the construction process. I am an architecture designer, my job is to make digital file which can pass the information to the manufacture factory. The Houdini file is quite good for digital production. But the 2D CAD drawings which is required by the industry has to been drawed by hand in CAD programs. But I have to say, Houdini did the most important job in the pipeline and we hope it will be used in the future project.
129 posts
You are so newbility!
15 posts
I wonder what file format was used for the exchange between Houdini and CAD.
IGES?
2036 posts
Nice work…great to see what can be done with Houdini other than FX.

But I am puzzled by the statement “…. Because CAD system is too rigid for the creativity purpose….”

What CAD system are you talking about that one considers too rigid for creativity?

I would have no problem making something like you have ( and I have many years experience in the construction industry ), either with something like Rhino or Solidworks.

And even with SolidWorks one doesn't have to draw by hand to make industry standard blueprints. All can be projected and layed out for such purposes using ANSI or ISO.
Edited by BabaJ - Jan. 20, 2017 11:01:13
  • Quick Links