Different IP can't access license server

4306   4   2
4 posts
I am trying to get a small rendering cluster to access the license server. They can ping fine and I change the license server to look for using hserver -S (tried both the IP and hostname)

When I try to run hython or hbatch it says:

No licenses could be found to run this application.
Please check for a valid license server host

Running mantra -f file.ifd image.exr, it says:

mantra: Mantra tile imager open failure: Tiled Image File: 1 file(s)
mantra: Could not open imager

The license server is on 130.127.201.209
Machines also on 130.127.*.* work fine
A machine located at 10.125.9.93 is having problems getting a license.

In sesinetd, we have:
-V 2 -z 1048576 -m *.*.*.*
just to try and cover all the bases.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

(i'm not an actual administrator, just trying to help fix the problem, so hopefully this made enough sense)
Staff
4170 posts
Try hostname.local; so if the license is being served from a computer called bazooka, set your machines to look at bazooka.local.

That worked great for me.
I'm o.d.d.
4 posts
goldleaf
Try hostname.local; so if the license is being served from a computer called bazooka, set your machines to look at bazooka.local.

I couldn't get that to work. I don't think the license server is “local” to the node I am trying to use. They have different subnets.

I noticed this on the sideeffects site [sidefx.com]:

A license may be keyed to be used on a specific network class or a list of specific networks. By default, Class C masked keys are issued unless specified otherwise.

The mask we need is +.+.+.* (for local machines) and 10.125.*.* (for the currently problematic ones). Is this something that has to be changed by side effects or just changed in our config file (sesinetd)?
7726 posts
Jonathan Barry
The mask we need is +.+.+.* (for local machines) and 10.125.*.* (for the currently problematic ones). Is this something that has to be changed by side effects or just changed in our config file (sesinetd)?

You need to contact support and change your issued licenses.
4 posts
I did notice that we have multiple “Render-NonCommercial” licenses.
There are different License Ids associated with them.

One license id has its IP Mask set to: +.+.*.*
The other is set to: *.*.*.* (which should work)

How does the application pick out the correct license id? Can I specifically tell it which license to use?
  • Quick Links