Saving a Crowd sim

1612   4   1
9 posts
Hello,

I'm new to Houdini software and actually I'm learning with Houdini 14 on an Apprentice license.

One of the topics that I found more cool and interesting, it's its built-in crowd simulator. I've playing with it a little bit, but when I try to save my project, the saving part looks succesful; but when I open it I lost my crowd sim; the nodes appear as red and my simulatio is no longer available.

How can I save my simulation so I'm able to continue working on it the next day?

Thanks!
7725 posts
It seems to work for me in Apprentice. I did this: in a new session, try using the Crowds > Simulation tool. Said yes to the pop up window, and then with the mouse in the viewport, hit the Enter key twice for empty selections. This created a default crowd scene that played back for me.
9 posts
Thanks for your quick reply Edward!

I've already did that, but I don't have problem creating the crowd simulation, the problem that I have is when I save the project and reopen it. I can save the project with no problem, but when I load my scene the crowd nodes appear red and my simulation is gone.

How can I save the simulation to work on it later?

Thanks
7725 posts
Ah, it saves to where you opened Houdini by default if you haven't first saved your scene. Afterwards, it will only look for the agent files relative to your hip file. So it's easiest if you just save your scene first to where you want it. Then the bake will occur to relative to where your scene is.

In anycase, you can always just change the cache paths on the Crowd Source SOP to point at wherever you baked out the agents to. There's a matching Cache Directory parameter on the Agent ROP.
9 posts

Thank you very much Edward!

That did the work, it's just what I was looking for, you rock!!!

Cheers!!!
  • Quick Links