MPlay QuickTime Export Workflows

5170   4   2
54 posts
1. How one can create/use these presets?
For example, when I save the movie, compression setting have custom defaults?

2. Is it possible to export flipbook straight to movie file instead of exporting to Mplay or image sequences, the same way it is possible in maya?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Staff
2540 posts
No, not without creating the sequence of images first.

Please submit an RFE.
There's at least one school like the old school!
18 posts
I've given up on houdini and quicktime a long time ago. Right now we're using a custom made flipbook OUT rop which uses ffmpeg to export quicktimes.

It's based on Platon Filimonov flipbook rop that he posted somewhere on the forums (or I found it here as well https://owlfx.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/flipbook-rop/), [owlfx.wordpress.com] but I've extended it to make video output with optional audio. It does however require ffmpeg to be in system path for it to work.

I'll clean the .otl of some custom production rubbish I have there and post it for others to use when I get to work on Monday.
Technical Director @ Kredenc
www.mkolar.com [mkolar.com]
7725 posts
If you have a script that runs ffmpeg, then you can have your own MVexport file and makes the script available from mplay's export menu to do this as well.
54 posts
mkolar
I'll clean the .otl of some custom production rubbish I have there and post it for others to use when I get to work on Monday.

That would be awesome!
  • Quick Links