Apprentice License

2088   3   1
9 posts
Hi

I've been having trouble with my Houdini license and can't find out why or what is going on…

I've already uninstalled the software and tried to install it again (the version I have it is 14.0.258). The thing is that it seems to install everything, but at the end it prompts me a window saying “Invalid command line option specified” and a window of the Houdini License Administrator appears saying “This software requires a license”, I hit for the apprentice license and agree the terms and nothing really happens; I come back to the same spot…

Any ideas of why is this happening??

Thank you very much!
2548 posts
You may have an invalid character in the pathing for your user name. Try creating a new user called “Default” and install Houdini under that user name.

I have seen this kind of mysterious bug affect many software packages.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
9 posts
Hi again!

Im very sorry for the delayed response to your reply!

I must say that at the moment looked like it worked, because I wasnt having trouble anymore with my license; but today, before posting this reply, I just wanted to be sure one more time that everything was in order, and boom! again is asking me for a license and when I hit the apprentice option, it takes a long while doing nothing, like searching for it, and suddenly it prompts a window that says:

“Error installing key: LICENSE Generic Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 14 0 1 26-may-2015 +.+.+.+”

It's not my computer user name, because that is Alejandro, so I don't find the problem or what is going on. This is not the first time that happens to me, and actually I read something before that Side FX was having a hard time with the non-commercial licenses, so I don't know if that might be, and if that's the problem what can I do about it.

What can I do?

Thank you very much!!
5 posts
I'm getting that same error when it tries to install a new apprentice license.
  • Quick Links