Tab Menu

4588   10   3
33 posts
the Tab menu in my H14 keeps going dipping below the bottom of the screen keeping me from seeing or selecting items below that point. The only way to resolve it is to stretch the window and curser high enough on the screen to have room for all the menu items. H13 would always “sit” on the bottom making all options available. Anyone have any ideas why it might be doing that?
32 posts
TAB Menu appears to work correctly now since build 14.0.281.
Houdini Indie 15.5.547
NVidia GeForce GT 650M-1GB-GDDR5 OGL 4.1_OCL 1.2
MacBook Pro Retina 15.4"_OSX 10.11.6_Intel Quad i7 @ 2.3GHz x8(Auto-Overclock 3.3GHz Turbo Boost)_16GB-1600MHz DDR3L_256GB-SSD
Magic Mouse2
33 posts
Just installed 14.0.291 and the tab menu (as well as right click) still does not behave correctly and dips below the bottom of the screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have dual monitors on Windows 7. Is there anything I should be checking into as the culprit?
4189 posts
Ya - I've seen the same thing, try removing the preferences folder.
4189 posts
Steadicam
Just installed 14.0.291 and the tab menu (as well as right click) still does not behave correctly and dips below the bottom of the screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have dual monitors on Windows 7. Is there anything I should be checking into as the culprit?

Solved. With dual monitors you need to have the tops aligned in the Screen Resolution, i.e. make the tops sit at the same level. This works on a dual monitor setup, 2560x1600 and a 1280 x 1024, the former being monitor 2.

If the tops are mismatched then the tab menu will run off screen, especially on ‘large’ and ‘highDPI’ settings, and or, be offset if using the RMB menu near the top of the screen.

H14.0.346, Win 7.

Edit: affects OsX too - BUG (ID=69022)

Attachments:
TabMenuScreeens.PNG (50.7 KB)

66 posts
If you use Nvidia drivers, turn off scaling of monitors via gpu in the preferences, make sure that native scaling is used on both monitors. Not sure what they call the preference in amd gpu's catalyst control center…
“If your life is not NOW, you're already dead…”
From Chrizto's book of truths
28 posts
I have this same problem, I followed all of the instructions above but nothing worked. However, I have my two monitors one above the other (both physically and in the windows settings) like this:

B
A

This arrangement worked fine with H13. However, I started having the tab (and other dialogs) showing up half off screen with H14.

Finally, I went to Windows setting and change the monitors to this:

AB

And now tab menu and all dialogs show up correctly. However, this is a pain since the two monitors are physically one above the other. Because of the size of the my workspace, I can not put them side by side.

Does this constitute a bug and thusly should be reported?
66 posts
How about switching top monitor <-> bottom monitor physically ? ;-)
“If your life is not NOW, you're already dead…”
From Chrizto's book of truths
28 posts
I thought I might bolt my chair to the wall that way the monitors would be side-by-side…
4189 posts
Reynold Dodson
Does this constitute a bug and thusly should be reported?

Please submit this as a bug. Make sure to include the information about your system from the ‘About Houdini’ in the Help menu.

Thanks!
28 posts
Just to update this thread, this issue was corrected with H14.354.
  • Quick Links