Houdini 15 Rendering Segmentation Fault

4194   5   1
12 posts
Hello all, I have been trying to render a project for some time now, and have made the project three separate times and attempted to render it on both the production build of H15 and .305 to try to get it to work. I get error 139 (doesn't mean anything significant). After tinkering for the last day, I got an error to read that it was a segmentation fault. The error only shows up on a physically based render, as the other render engines freeze on the first frame. I am attaching my .hipnc file for you all to see. I had no issues like this on H14, and suppose I can roll back to 14 to get it to render.

Attachments:
Tower.hipnc (772.2 KB)

1265 posts
Not that I can help, but we are getting similar Segment Fault errors. I hope SESI can look into this soon.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
7720 posts
Make sure to submit your crashes into support (if you haven't already). If you're using Apprentice, use the bug submission link in the Support menu above on this web page.
18 posts
Aidan, I currently found out this has only been an issue on the linux version of houdini, if you're able to work on the Windows version it should be fine, that being said , I tried different nvidia drivers on mint linux with little to no change.

my only solution was to render on a windows machine (at the moment).
1265 posts
We are running Windows systems here and still get Segmentation Faults from time to time.
I will submit files once our project is done.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
12 posts
I am running the Windows version and am having segmentation faults. I was getting errors on Objects/cam before that, so I'm sure it's a reference that was misnamed somewhere in the source.
  • Quick Links