CYGPATH in houdini_setup

4759   4   1
32 posts
What is this cygpath used for in the houdini_setup file?
What is under this path?
I've never heard of this and it looks like it's setting HFS near there if it exists??

This blows up on our windows machines. I'm thinking that our version of tcsh doesn't like the -f in the if statement?
Any way it's messing up on the if statement in this area.

-mikey

P.S. Looks like cygpath is use for linux??
Is there something missing from in front of the -f??

#
# Check for cygpath
#
set CYGPATH=`which cygpath`
if ( -f $CYGPATH ) then
set heredos=`bin/hpwd`
set here=`cygpath $heredos`
setenv HFS $here
else
set here=`bin/hpwd`
setenv HFS $here
endif
639 posts
Hmm… It might be Cygwin?
Staff
4443 posts
Yes, it's an application that ships as part of Cygwin. So that “if” statement is meant to detect if cygwin is installed, and do some cygwin-specific stuff if it is. I'm not sure why your tcsh would not accept the -f syntax, it's pretty standard. Are you definitely running tcsh as your shell, not sh or some other variant? You can also try running the csh that ships with Houdini. The houdini_setup script works fine with it.

Mark
483 posts
mtucker
So that “if” statement is meant to detect if cygwin is installed, and do some cygwin-specific stuff if it is. I'm not sure why your tcsh would not accept the -f syntax, it's pretty standard.
It turns out that csh only accepts if ( -f $foo ) if $foo is not an empty string. If you put quotes around foo like if ( -f “$foo” ), everything works.

This will be fixed in 8.0.321/322, depending on when the builds are generated. In the mean time, putting quotes around the variable will work.

Note that you can also work around this problem by using bash and sourcing houdini_setup_bash_nt.
32 posts
Thanks,

-mikey
  • Quick Links