150 FREE HDRI sky maps in 4K res - Support for Houdini Users

10331   5   6
2 posts
Hello Guys. I would like to share with You the info about my source of 150 Free HDRI maps in 4K resolution http://hdri-skies.com/.(second [hdri-skies.com] service after www.texturify.com - service with textures and ldr 360 panoramas)

As a panoramic photographer and 3d graphic (beginer) I have improved image based lighting method, worked on preparing high quality hdri sky maps and share them mostly with cg graphics.

I would like to give them a chance in VFX world. Please give them a test in Houdini. Thank you.Agata
4189 posts
Thank you! These are very nice.

What's interesting from the Houdini perspective is the .hdr format on an environment light renders as fast as when it's converted to RAT.

Would like Houdni to ship with some updated env textures like these - the dosch ones are fine and these would compliment them nicely.
1799 posts
Agreed 100%! And hdri default image would be very useful for quick high quality viz of assets (you could even have a shelf tool to rig up an image based lighting setup quickly)

And thank you so much Ágata for your contribution! I will check them out
-G
637 posts
some time ago i have made a RFE for a addon where you can get hdr images from flickr or other plattforms directly in houdini so you don't have to bundle all the images and can download it from the internet.

it could be a nice side project for a houdini add-on where you can get all the royality free hdri images.
387 posts
Nice textures.

It's already possible to link images directly from shared location with url:

Attachments:
url_path.PNG (514.6 KB)

2 posts
Thanks guys for your interest. I would be gratefull, if I could get more suggestions and opinion from You.
Of course I will think about preparing the special sky bundle that will be easy to dowlnoad for the users. Preparing more free stuff.
  • Quick Links