blurry problem while rendering please help

5907   4   1
11 posts
i maked a colorful smoke but when i render it looks blurry how can i fix that and also when i export my render simulation it is not looks same can you help me

Attachments:
bbbb.png (1.0 MB)

2571 posts
Increase the Stochastic Samples in the Mantra node. Try something like 9-18.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
11 posts
thanks it worked but it still looks some blurry
Staff
2540 posts
Yes increase stochastic samples to reduce the salt-n-pepper look through transparent areas.

Probably best to use a gaussian Volume Filter with a Volume Filter Width value of 1.2 on the Object containing the volumes.

In the Pyro shader assigned to the object containing the volumes:

Smoke Field folder:

Enable “Fit to Range (Unclamped)”
Try playing with the source range values to get a sharper edge on the density field. Try this as a start:
Source Range: 0.1 0.9
Leave the Target Range at 0 and 1.

Enable “Contour”
This feature takes a contrast difference value in the volume called Contour Width and then sharpens that contrast range. The default values are pretty good.
Note that with Contour, if you are using a Box Volume Sample filter on the object, on lower resolution volumes you will actually sharpen the box filter and get aliasing in the result. That is why Gaussian is preferred on volumes where the original voxel size is greater than the rendered pixel in camera.

Enable the “Use Lookup Ramp” and create a very wide high pass filter with a real sharp cut-off placed very close to the beginning of the ramp. In other words add a new ramp value of 1 and slide right up to the left side position of say 0.001.
That will really push the density right to the surface and make very sharp volume.

Now you will invariably get some noise as the volume will be very sharp.

If you really push the sharpness, you may have to:

- increase Volume Quality to 0.5 but no higher than 1.0. This controls the “depth” of the micro-voxel in the volume generated in Mantra. Increasing this will cause more memory to be consumed by Mantra as there are more micro-voxels being generated.

- increase primary Pixel Samples judiciously please: Try 4x4, 5x5.
Primary Pixel Samples are used to find geometry in the scene. The more you fire, the finer the detail you can pick up and the less surface noise at the expense of render time.

Hope this helps.
There's at least one school like the old school!
11 posts
thanks for your help
  • Quick Links