Fireflies

6553   5   3
18 posts
Hi everyone, and thanks for take a time to read this post.
I ‘ve been trying to render some volumetrics in houdini with mantra, and can’t find the way to avoid fireflies that appears in my final render.
Try increasing samples, tweaking secondaries minRay and maxRay samples, as so with Noise levels, and fire flies still appears.
Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Esteban

Attach an image to show my issues.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 2.37.16 PM.png (40.6 KB)

2534 posts
Here are a couple of links on the subject.
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/24974-solvedremove-fireflies-caused-by-geometry-light/#comment-145606 [forums.odforce.net]

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/23095-odd-artifacts-in-render/#comment-136450 [forums.odforce.net]

You will need to investigate how to use Extra Image planes. These are also called AOVs in other packages (arbitrary output values).

Once you separate your passes into separate images you can identify which pass contains the fireflies. This helps a lot in resolving the problem.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
702 posts
you can also try lowering the Rendering/Limits/Color Limit from 10 to 5 or lower

sometimes this will help reduce fireflies, not sure about this case
2624 posts
Also check your HDR , you might find you have pixels with insane values.

Rob
Gone fishing
13 posts
I had fireflies on a reflective material and it came down to the settings on the light. I changed from sun to direct in the dropdown and the problem resolved with no other visible changes. for the record, I did try changing every other parameter (color limit etc.) first.
65 posts
In the scene all the objects are “Houdini generated”? Or something is imported? Can you share the file?
  • Quick Links