Node Based Expression !

1688   4   2
5 posts
Is it possible node based expression like cinema4d Xpresso system ? I am using Houdini Apprentice.

Thanks,

Rakib
459 posts
Check out VOPS.
Its Xpressos big bad brother.

-b
http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
5 posts
bonsak
Check out VOPS.
Its Xpressos big bad brother.

-b
Okay, I will check it, thanks !

Check this link please ! https://vimeo.com/117347785 [vimeo.com]

He is typing variable expression to link object position to frame. I want to know , there are anyway to get this via node system.

Thanks
Staff
2540 posts
You can also use CHOPs which can be accessed with the RMB (RightMouseButton) MotionFX menu option on any node parameter value or name.

But wouldn't you know, there is no “nodal” default for float $FF (only use integer $F if you really want this) or $T for time.
We should have a Time or Frame CHOP…

You could use a Ramp with the duration of 10 seconds (240/$FPS or 240/24). That would get you a linear time based ramp.

CHOPs are definitely worth the time to investigate if you are interested in MoGRAPH like workflows in Houdini. That along with VOPs as mentioned above.

CHOPs can be used to represent, modify and cache most anything that can be turned in to channels:

- motion (export system in CHOPs)
- audio (CHOPs supports any arbitrary global sample rate from the default of 24fps to 128k and higher if you wish for audio)
- geometry (use Geometry CHOP and Channel SOP to read and write any geometry attribute data)
- simulation value data (use Dynamics CHOP to read any value data from any simulation object(s) )
- image data
- packed agents (H15.5) to fetch motion data from any agent primitive point.
Edited by old_school - May 29, 2016 09:22:08
There's at least one school like the old school!
5 posts

Thanks Jeff
  • Quick Links