How do I assign hotkeys to tools which actions do not show in the action list?

1606   5   0
379 posts
How do I assign hotkeys to tools the actions of which do not show in the action list of the hotkey editor,namely polybevel and polyextrude? H1.5, indie.
Edited by OneBigTree - June 8, 2016 06:21:22
1755 posts
You don't. You learn to accept the pain
23 posts
This is really strange. My workaround is to create new tools and copy the scripts from the original tools. Then you can edit the hotkeys by right clicking the tool. It's not pretty but it works.

You can also do this to bring back tools from older versions like the Houdini 15.0 polybevel for point beveling.
379 posts
HenrikVilhelmBerglund
This is really strange. My workaround is to create new tools and copy the scripts from the original tools. Then you can edit the hotkeys by right clicking the tool. It's not pretty but it works.

You can also do this to bring back tools from older versions like the Houdini 15.0 polybevel for point beveling.
Yes,that is exactly what made me stumble across this issue.
Hope this changes soon. The best tools mean only half as much if you can't access them quickly.
Thanks for the replies.
Staff
4441 posts
Or you file a bug and a fix appears. In 15.5.502 or later you should be able to assign hotkeys to the new polybevel, polyextrude, etc.

Mark
379 posts
mtucker
Or you file a bug and a fix appears. In 15.5.502 or later you should be able to assign hotkeys to the new polybevel, polyextrude, etc.

Mark
Yes, I didn't exclude that option. But I would expect there is a bug report already since I'm not the only one who tries to use modelling tools in H15.5, am I?
  • Quick Links